Thursday, January 3, 2013

Turning the page

“A schedule defends from chaos and whim. A net for catching days.” --Annie Dillard, The Writing Life

After the holidays' noise and excess of celebration, I have been grateful this week to sit quietly and fill out my 2013 calendar. Here in the Midwest, buried under snow in midwinter, I find that as I create a schedule I find it becomes a net, a scaffold, to catch important things and carry my family into the future.

Like me you may be building your schedule for this year. If you can believe it, Lent will begin in less than six weeks. This forty-day journey brings Christians onward to Easter and the hope of resurrection. As you write out your appointments on a calendar or tap them into a smart phone, can I suggest you add one more date? February 13: Lent begins.

Waiting for Water offers free resources for you to guide you through a meaningful and rich Easter Journey. This year, don't let the days slip by. Put Lent on your calendar; talk to your family, friends, small group, or church; and take a moment to browse the many amazing resources found on our website. Together, we can weave our nets and prepare for an amazing Easter in 2013.

“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” --Annie Dillard



No comments:

Post a Comment